This just in

It was right there, staring me in the face.
The first song to play on the new (Product)RED iPod Nano?
Neil Young’s “Rocking’ in the Free World.”
Since that’s what is laser-engraved on the back.
(Sometimes, I’m not too bright.)
It is a thing of beauty.
But I don’t have much time to play with it.
I’m working a rare night shift and thus, can’t load everything I want to load onto it (like custom playlists and much of my library).
Besides, I’ve got to charge the battery fully, and read all the instructions (yes, I am a reader of instructions).
This little iPod had quite a journey since the order was put in on March 8.
Engraved and shipped from Shenzhen, China, it went to Lantou Island, Hong Kong, Anchorage, Alaska, Indianapolis, Ind., Oakland, Calif., Sacramento, Calif., and then to my doorstep.
If it got frequent-flyer miles, it would have its own free ticket by now.
To get started, I threw on 282 songs, 16.6 hours of music 1.18 gigabytes used - and 2.46 gigs left.
And just for the record, the second song played – in shuffle mode – was Los Campesinos! “We Throw Parties, You Throw Knives.”
Sweet.

Comments

Popular Posts