The mother of all roadtrips

I am very excited to introduce you to the Pringles.
No, not the chips.
The family.
A very cool family. Tom, Stacia, Emma Kelly and Gillian.
Stacia and I used to do the journalism thing together (and Stacia is one of the best writers I’ve run into in this biz) and now she’s got an even bigger job: stay at home mom.

And adventurer.
Tom’s always wanted a land-cruiser to take the family on roadtrips. A boat, like the Ford Galaxy 500 my parents cruised the country with in the ‘70s.
He found a limo for sale on EBay.
They bought it for $3,400.
Sight-unseen.
They leave this week for Buffalo, N.Y., the whole damn family with one-way tickets, to drive the limo – it with television and a wet bar – back to California.
“We’ve got three weeks,” she told me. “We’re going to see the country.”

I told her that she must blog. Nearly begged her to do so.
I got an email on Friday:
“Welcome to the Pringle Family Limo Blog Site!” she wrote.
“Seriously, take lots of photos,” I said. “This is going to be so cool.”
They’re even stopping at a few places in Nebraska – the Museum of the Prairie Pioneer high on their list – so I can get all misty-eyed for my youth.
You’ll enjoy her writing. You’ll enjoy the mayhem.
You’ll enjoy the ride.

Comments

Large Marge said…
Can't wait!!! This is going to be great!!
Anonymous said…
SWEET!! 100 percent agreed on Stasia's writing abilities... when I was an aspiring starry-eyed high school journalist, she was the reporter I wanted to be. (And now, she's the stay-at-home mom with a limo that I want to be!) Can't wait to check it out... thanks for the link. Hugs to ThomG.
TheRobRogers said…
Sign me up. Sounds like it'll be a good read.

Popular Posts