The Sound of Music

It’s the only way I could get back in the swing of things at the office (in true Surface Tension style):
Talking with TheRobRogers about a point of music – specifically Nine Inch Nails “Closer” – he produced his iPod to listen to a cover version by Richard Cheese.
(The guy sings lounge versions of popular songs; it is pretty brilliant).
Closer, for the uninitiated, is a very naughty song (click on the link there for the lyrics).
Hearing it sung by a lounge crooner just adds something. Something very special.
Excited, I pulled up iTunes on my laptop to see if the music store had any Richard Cheese for download.
They’ve got everything.
So I clicked to hear the 30-second snippet of “Closer.”
Not realizing that my headphones were no longer plugged into the computer.
“You let me penetrate you, you let me complicate you…”
The sound was on full-blast.
For the entire office to hear.
It’s a newsroom, meaning a completely open office where some 150 people are jammed together in a tight space.
“I think that’s the first time I’ve every seen ThomG blush.”
“I’ve never seen ThomG move that quick!”
“Was that you? I heard it completely over at my desk! That was naughty!”
“So, ThomG, what are you listening to?”
“Can I hear that again?”
Fuck.
Me.

Comments

TheRobRogers said…
Absolutely classic.
Anonymous said…
Well that's one way to "get back in the swing of things at the office". Welcome back Thom!
RachelRenae said…
I have a hilarious "Mario Brothers Remix" of that song. It's got the classic mario brothers music and sound effects mixed in with the original. "It-sa me, Mario!", he happily declares during the bridge. HA!

Popular Posts