Aaaarrrrrrggghhhhhh!

As much as I hate to sound like a whiny bastard, I just don’t feel good.
Dry cough, watery eyes, runny nose, achy joints. Lots of phlegm. Mucus. Chunky lung-butter (oh, I know, too much information – it’s my bitch, so deal with it).
Been this way for a week, more or less.
“You should go to the doctor,” a co-worker said.
I know exactly what he’d say: “Get plenty of rest, drink lots of fluids, avoid being strenuous for a bit.”
“What if it’s bronchitis?” she asked.
“Get plenty of rest, drink lots of fluids, avoid being strenuous for a bit.”
“He doesn’t seem like a very good doctor, he should give you some pills,” she said.
Which is exactly why I like my GP – and find it only necessary to go see him when I get into massive amounts of poison oak every spring, to which he injects into my supple ass a big syringe of prednisone.
He doesn’t coddle me, and I don’t care to be coddled.
I just want to feel better. Right now.
Colds simply cramp my fucking style.
And I’m getting ready to waste another perfectly good weekend.
Uhhg.

Comments

TheRobRogers said…
I seem to remember a certain Bloody Mary remidy that was taken once not too long ago. Maybe that's the answer.

Popular Posts