Soothe the savage beast

Yeah, music soothes the savage beast.
I got some unexpected cash in the mail on Saturday.
This was on the heels of what amounted to a pretty shitty fucking day (more on this later).
I spent most of the day painting my (former) step-daugher's room (pine green), which was extremely bittersweet (it was purple, with little butterfly stencils).
So, I'm drinking a beer, eating homemade chili, and downloading songs on iTunes.
When I'm done, I'm going to burn the songs to a CD, put the disc in the CD player and turn the volume to 11 (fuck the neighbors).
Here's the final tally:
TV on the Radio: “Wolf Like Me”
The Cat Empire, “Sly”
The Shins, “Phantom Limb”
Modest Mouse, “Dashboard”
Bloc Party, “I Still Remember”
Kaiser Chiefs, “Ruby”
Mikey Avalon, “Jane Fonda”
Dinosaur Jr. “Start Coppin”
The Flaming Lips, “She Don’t Use Jelly”
+44, “When Your Heart Stops Beating” (the potty-mouth version)
Beck, “Think I’m In Love”
The Raconteurs, “Level”
AFI, “Miss Murder”
Dead Kennedy’s “To Drunk To Fuck”
Matisyahu, "Message in a Bottle"
Ben Folds, "There's Always Someone Cooler Than You"
I welcome your thoughts.

Comments

Skigirl said…
Cracking list. I'll be adding a few of those to my own selection, namely "Wolf like me"- TV on the Radio and The Raconteurs "Level"

There are also a few I've never heard (of) and so I'll be downloading and listening to for the first time, later.

A few recommendations from my own playlist

The Rolling Stones- "Gimme Shelter" and " You Can't Always Get What You Want".

The Verve- "Rolling People"

Stereophonics- "Brother" and "Feel"

SnowPatrol "Chasing Cars"

The Stone Roses "Begging You"

Paul Weller-"Sunflower"

To suggest but a few.
The only songs on your list that I don't own, SkiGirl, are Snow Patrol's "Chasing Cars" And Weller's "Sunflower." I've never been a big Snow Patrol fan - I like "Hands Open" though - and I can't begin to explain why I don't have "Sunflower." I've got every Jam CD, as well as Weller's Style Council stuff, but he just sort of started putting out solo stuff so frequent, I just missed it. What CD is it on?
Skigirl said…
Wild Wood - Paul Weller
RachelRenae said…
I love Matisyahu.
TheRobRogers said…
Good stuff, good stuff. You gotta check out some Fugiya & Miyagi -- they come from skigirl's side of the pond.

And I've been getting into Jaques Brel lately. Ne Me Quitte Pas is the coolest song.

And I went back and started listening to the studio version of "The Saints Are Coming" again and all of a sudden I can't get enough of it. It's the direction I wish U2 would move.

And speaking of the Raconteurs, I still can't get enough of the White Stripe's last album. Blue Orchid just can't be played loud enough.

Popular Posts