OneWord - Pause

OneWord asks writers to post a word based on 60 seconds of writing. You don't get to see the word until the time starts. So far, I've been lucky and haven't froze. Then, it's a stream of consciousness thing that's quite exhilarating.

Saturday's word? Pause.

He paused, but it definitely did not refresh.
Sweat dripped off his brow, but his lips and mouth remained dry, stale.
You could run all your life and never quite get ahead. Stay in advance of all the worry, the bullshit.
Still, he tried.
And paused every once again.
Just to hear the grumblings of despair that forever chased.

Comments

Cathryn said…
Your OneWord-ers are great. I tried it once, froze, much as I love the exhilaration of stream of consciousness ... maybe it was the fact it was online.
Anonymous said…
You are so good at this Thom! I am itching to try it, and I'm certainly capable of rapid fire responses (you can verify that with my ex's :-), but my thoughts are so scattered that I doubt I could pull together a cohesive effort in sixty seconds that would make sense to anyone. Are you ever completely at a loss when you receive your word?
Again, interesting. I haven't tried this yet, but I may after reading a bit more. Wonderful job by the way.

T
George S Batty said…
pause...paws...pa's..damn, my 60 seconds are up
Anonymous said…
LOL @ Old Grizz, that was great!
Dee Martin said…
I love your responses to One Word. I have played with it - not always according to their directions but a prompt is a prompt is a prompt :)

Popular Posts