Sunday Scribblings: Art

The prompt at Sunday Scribblings is: Art. For such a little word, it holds a lot of energy and even some controversy! What do you make of art?

I rarely do poetry. Not because I don't think I can, but because I've found more satisfaction on the short fiction stage. This prompt called out for lyrics, poetry. I hope you enjoy.

Art
Reproductions,
faithful executions of sight, sound, feelings,
tender aspirations,
the blossoming soul,
creation, busting light, morning,
darkness, flesh, moonlight,
searing, seething anguish,
pushes capricious thoughts,
twisting tendons, heartache,
headache,
bliss,
sexual tensions,
frustrations,
inspiration,
a canvas,
life,
interacting.

Comments

floreta said…
i like sexual tension. i like how this poem ends.. a canvas/ life/ interacting.
Amarettogirl said…
I love this - especially the line - pushes capricious thoughts- wonderful poem and as a visual artist I think your words paid excellent homage to facing the canvas of life!
anthonynorth said…
Art and life do interact. You highlight this excellently.
Shadow said…
you can indeed do poetry again. i like...
Noah the Great said…
It's crazy how a three letter word hides so much in the whitespace between the letters.

Popular Posts