Wednesday's Three Word Wednesday

The word prompts over at Three Word Wednesday are dissolve, trinket and zest. Time for a Fiction in 58.

Hard-Hearted

He rushed into commitments of the heart, falling head-over-heels some would say.
He’d pursue their affections with the zeal of a child who opens a sidewalk lemonade stand. He’d purchase flowers, the requisite trinkets to their hearts.
He was an emotionless soul. Eventually, his feelings would dissolve, flutter away - signaling the quest for a new conquest.

Comments

Anonymous said…
this person sounds like he's very flicker, I guess for some, it's easier to move on
Anonymous said…
Lissa is right. But life ain't like that..

Finer details
RachelRenae said…
I feel sorry for him. Living without realy emotional attachements is no way to live.
poefusion said…
What? No happy ending. Fickle comes to mind for me too. I can only hope that someday he finds a true love and sees what he's been missing all this time. Nice job. Have a nice day, ThomG.
Tumblewords: said…
That rings with truth - I've seen a number of them...never in 58 words, though! Nice work!
Anonymous said…
Good short story. Short being the key word here. I'll learn that someday. No it is feelings confused with the real deal. He may have missed several real deals already.
Linda Jacobs said…
Love the lemonade stand comparison! Well done for only using 58 words!
susan said…
You are really deft with this form. I've got to give it a try. Enjoyed.
DJ Mommy said…
Wow! Said so much with so little; maybe I can master that someday. Have I dated you a time or two? This sounds vaguely like most men I have encountered! : )
DJ Mommy said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
TheRobRogers said…
As always, Thom, brilliant stuff. The writing is just crisp and clear.
TD said…
Excellent post. I felt empty reading it, wishing that this man could fill that void.

Popular Posts