Say hello to my little friend...

Insomnia.

I woke up the first time at 12:18 a.m.; I figured I had been asleep for about an hour. Had a sip of water, adjusted the pillows and went back out.
Until 2:18 a.m.
Again, I had a sip of water, went back out.
Until 3:47 a.m.
And I was up for the day.
There are concerns in my life (that I choose not to let the world in on), but it isn't like I'm stressed to the point of making myself sick. Not anymore. I just don't sleep.
That's why sometimes you'll see posts at weird hours. If I know that I will not fall back asleep, I read, I write, I listen to music.
I tried to stay in bed this time. I tried not to think about anything (I wouldn't call this meditation; I just clear my thoughts and relax). Restful, but not rest.
And I've been working out every day this week, plus walked the girls longer. Ate better.
We'll see what happens when the lights go out tonight.

Comments

Ambercita said…
Thom, I feel your pain. Here's to better nights of shut-eye!
Anonymous said…
Yo, Mister T. Bummer dood, sometimes it's just how it rolls, y'know? Personally, since we have to be up and at'em at like frickin' 3:30 to be on the water pre dawn, Sleep MD is my GO TO friend, it's the only way I can quiet this brain down enough to gain a few hours of super restful sleep.
We miss you like madness back home honey :)
Thom,

Learn self hypnosis. You can put yourself under and sleep will follow.

Works for me.

Gary

Popular Posts