Thursday's Three Word Wednesday

I feel a little out-of-sorts.
Bone, who hosts the Three Word Wednesday writers’ prompt, announced a hiatus for the site.
I wrote my first 3WW prompt in January. I haven’t missed a Wednesday (or a Thursday, as was the case sometimes) since.
Three Word Wednesday is my favorite writing prompt. Three words, write something. Anything. Post and comment, read other 3WW contributions. Comment. It was a community. A growing community.
I twisted a few arms of people to try it. It was never a chore for them. It is a cathartic, creative release.
There is chatter that I take over for Bone and continue. I’m waiting for Bone and I to talk. But I would be honored to allow 3WW to persist.
And while Bone didn’t provide those three words, pjd did. A master of the haiku, he offered up bummer, absence and sympathetic.
A toast to 3WW, in 58 words.

Human Carnival
“Do you think anyone sets out to be great?”
She swirled a finger in her single-scoop cone, eyes sympathetic to his answer.
“Absence of drive, no. Hence the population of dipshits and fuckups.”
“You’ve got a cold view of the world.”
The ice cream fell between them and landed with a wet smack.
“Bummer,” he said, smiling.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is perfect!

I did it too!

Writers
state of mind


And you better take over 3WW!
RachelRenae said…
Hey, maybe Iought to start doing 3WW too. I could use some motivation. I think you should do it.
Anonymous said…
Write on... If you don't take over 3WW, you're going to have to get serious about your other writing endeavors. It's time to shit or get off the pot, so to speak. ;-)

-- Double-Triple-Quadrupled Snarky Pants
PJD said…
Thanks for the shout-out. Maybe if you don't want to do it, we could do a rotation of several people.

And of course, I love your use of the words.
susan said…
You are just freaking amazing. I hope you take on guest host for 3ww. I have no doubt you'd come up with wicked combinations.
susan said…
By the way, I have a new feature at BES, "Plucked From My Neighbor's Yard," where I highlight good reads from other bloggers. I plucked you for my latest post.
Lucy said…
hey Thom, if you do a 3 ww weekly, hope you can let me know.

Popular Posts