Smells like greed

I smell a turd.
Festering.
Or maybe it's just more corporate greed.

It's Tuesday, so that means the day new albums drop and new DVDs are released.
I've been waiting for months for Grindhouse to hit the shelves. You know the Tarantino/Rodriquez double feature "Death Proof" and "Planet Terror?"
OK, I had heard that they were going to do it - and this has been a topic of chat sites and whatnot - but still, it pisses me off.
The studio will release both movies as singles, meaning we all get to pay $21.65 each to have two movies that were shown at the theater together.
And here's the bitch: I got into both for less than 20 bucks.
Kimbolina and I decided to go Dutch (it then would NOT be a "date") and I sprung for a malt beverage energy drink and Slim Jim for her, and a 24-ounce Olde English 800 for myself (yeah, we snuck beers in, so sue us). The movie was $7.75.
Death Proof gets released as a two-disc "director's cut" and is 30 minutes longer.
Planet Terror will be released in October.

It just smacks of tremendous greed, that's all I'm saying.
But the movies are so campy and so over-the-top that I have to have them. It's like owning "Fight Club" the novel AND "Fight Club" the movie.

Besides, Death Proof has Zoe Bell in it, and well, just might be worth $21.65 all by herself (yummy).

I spent Monday somewhat outraged (part of this whole distraction thing where I got a letter back in the mail I completely forgot to address and managed to dump the trash in the recycle bin and, well, I'm just fucking distracted) over the Death Proof DVD "scandal."
"Can you believe what they're doing with Death Proof?" I asked the arts and entertainment guy.
He looked up from a magazine profile and said:
"I don't really care. Not my thing. Didn't see it (in the theaters) and don't plan to watch the DVD."
Pfffffffff.

Comments

Popular Posts