Something wicked this way comes

“Put Neidermeyer on it. He's a sneaky little shit just like you.”
- Dean Vernon Wormer, “Animal House”

The call came in early, while I was having coffee.
“ThomG, I need your help, I need your deviance. I’ve got a problem and you’re some much better at deviant than I am.”
Yeah, I have a certain skill set. A reputation. Street cred.
That, and my good nature to want to assist those in need, brought my attentions to this newest concern. Two people I love dearly who are being manipulated by a third party, a Borderline Personality Disorder train wreck who wields a certain amount of control over one of the other parties.
“Are you busy? I found out some more. I just feel we need to do something. But think about it – I need your deviance, because you’re the best. Call me later.”
(Like MacGyver good.)
And I thought about it. This person is deeply concerned for the other – the one actually being manipulated.
But I decided I couldn’t help. I couldn’t lend my malevolence in this case, ‘cause it was going to backfire. And anything I did – sure, I came up with certain scenarios – would end up hurting the wrong person.
And it is this person’s challenge to see the manipulation.
(But had this person come to me for some wicked assistance, I would have been happy – gleeful – to lend my particular brilliance.)
“Just see what you can accomplish without resorting to deviance,” I said.
“You’re right. Thanks.”
No, I haven’t lost my edge.
About the time I decided not to help, I ran into a fellow who is a major pain in the ass. Opinionated blow-hard. Rigid-right-wing nutjob.
Seriously homophobic shithead.
And I decided that a gay pride sticker would look fantastic on his car – nestled in-between the “In God We Trust” magnetic ribbon thing and the Bush/Cheney bumper sticker.

Comments

TheRobRogers said…
Please tell me you're going to do the sticker. Please. And I'll gladly help in anyway I can.
Beth said…
That just made me laugh...........I'll support by cheering from a distance!

Popular Posts