TDaddy's got a new ride

Bling, bling.

We interrupt this roadtrip for late-breaking news from back in Cali: TDaddy's got hisself a new ride.

Two weeks ago, I was on a ride with the Chancellor (who, I admit, I may be still a bit miffed at, but he could make it all better by picking up my ass from the airport), when the topic of the local mountain biking club's upcoming raffle came up.
"I really want to win that bike," I said. "I mean, I really want it.
"I think I deserve it."

It's a Trek Fuel with a custom paintjob. Worth something like $4,000.

Like everyone else, I put my money down on it through a raffle. Tickets were $5 each, or five for $20. I bought $20 worth at an Everest talk and bought $20 from a friend at work.
The club drew for the bike on Saturday, at the Whiskeytown Duathlon.

The calls, emails and text-messages began about 1:30 p.m. my time.
I won the damn thing.
"I believe the cosmic forces lined up some type of planetary apparatus absolutely perfectly," a buddy wrote. "You see, when Wing-gal approached me with her effervescent smile I just knew today would be a very special day. Next, my partner and I captured first place in the team competition! This is quite an astounding thing in itself coming from a perennial last place finisher (I speak the truth, my friend). When your name was pulled out of the rotating ticket container and read by none other than the Prez of (the local mountain bike club) himself, well, I knew then that whatever that planetary apparatus is, it is one with those who wear the Monster Dogs."

I really needed that bike. I really wanted it.
I felt like I deserved it.

During a quiet moment in-between graduation to-dos, I sat and thought about my good fortunes.
Not just about the bike, for which I still wear the biggest shit-eating grin; but for the wealth of friends who called, texted and emailed me with the news. Who shared with me, and my good fortune.
I am blessed, and I said a little prayer to tell the Man Upstairs that I appreciated everything.
And I do mean everything that has come into my life.


Comments

TheRobRogers said…
Congrats, my good man. That's incredible. So what are you gonna do with the old mountain bike?
I might be willing to sell, my man. It's just had a tune-up.

Popular Posts