Signs

OK, I feel better with a little coffee in me.
(The coffee bar at the gas station next door, the one with great Americanos, is usually closed on Sunday; the counter lady made me up a tall cup of goodness anyway.)

Signs are all around. This was Saturday's horoscope:

"There's not a single grudge worth hanging on to. Once you forget what you were supposed to be mad about, you're capable of spiritual levity and moments of spontaneous delight."

Not an hour later, I found out Social Distortion has a new single out, "Far Behind." Rumor was the boys in the band were working on a new album, hence the tour. It's a greatest hits album, nothing I need to get, if only for the new single. Which I finally heard like an hour after that.

And in that single, another sign.

Leave toxic people far behind. Let go of the grudge and the anger.
Embrace life as it is now, because it is fucking sweeter than anything you've ever experienced.
And yes, experience it.

Here's Social D, live, singing "Far Behind" (and yes, listen to the lyrics):

Comments

Popular Posts