Interesting reaction

So the doc called over the weekend with the results of my blood tests.
I have a moderately high cholesterol level, 225 total (180 is perfect).
That’s 46 for good cholesterol (HDL) and 148 for bad cholesterol (LDL). I know it doesn't add up, but that's the numbers he gave me.
“It’s a bit high, not horrible,” he said. “I’d stay away from red meats, cheese, salad dressings, fast foods, fried stuff, things like that.
“All-in-all, not bad. But if you have a history of heart disease of high blood pressure in the family, we may think about putting you on something to get those levels down.”
Now I’m pissed.
I thing I do a pretty good job of watching what I eat.
Except for that Jack in the Box run after the pub one night, I haven’t eaten fast food in months.
I’m drinking soy milk (jury is still out on that one) and use a little fresh olive oil and balsamic vinegar on all my salads.
Lots of chicken and fish – salmon I caught myself.
I eat fairly well.
I’m not taking any stinking pills.
I’m going to do this the right way.
The news just fortified my desire to eat well and exercise more.
Fuck cholesterol.
That's my motto.

Comments

TheRobRogers said…
That's a motto that I think deserves its own t-shirt. You could wear it when you ride.

Popular Posts