Thursday's 3 Word Wednesday

The word prompts over at 3WW are cautious, human and maybe. I’ve come down with another cold – thank you stress! – so we’re going to roll with a Fiction in 58 on this one. Kinda came out like a literary poem, huh?

In Us, We Trust
Human. Being.
The words rolled around his head, which rested on pillows piled on an aged tweed sofa. Daylight faded and candles sent signals from rooms within the flat.
Maybe it’s time, he thought.
Being human.
He listened to his thumping heart, his breaths, shallow. He squeezed his eyes shut. Tight.
Trust, blindly. Faith.
Why be so cautious?

Comments

TC said…
It's never easy to trust when we've been betrayed.

Hope you feel better soon! :)
Blind trust is overrated. Take it from someone who's been doing it all my life, and finally learning not to.
Bone said…
I enjoyed reading this piece. And I like the Fiction in 58 idea. First time I've come across that.

Popular Posts