My many thanks

I should be in the middle of preparing a huge feast for my family. Instead, I’m puttering around the house, waiting to go over to a friend’s house, one of several people who offered me sanctuary on this Thanksgiving.
I’m taking a break from calling people in my life who deserve a personal thank you for being in my life, and taking the time to give a damn.
To ponder Thanksgiving. To write down my thoughts.
I am thankful today to have friends and family who care for me – without judgment. I am thankful to have a career I love and I am thankful for the talent born into me to do it. I am thankful to have goofy pets who love me unconditionally, and can bring a smile to my face just by putting their furry head in my lap, or sit next to me and purr.
Most of all, I am thankful to have been able to love a woman and her children so completely that even with distance between us, my heart remains complete.
It is being able to love that will get me through difficult times that lay ahead.
Along with my burgeoning mental tool kit, I have the strength to face what lies ahead. It will not be easy, whichever path I venture.
But I will venture down a path.
Because I have loved.
And I will love again.
Thank you to the people who read this, for taking the time to take a peek and be a small part of my twisted – but, hey, if you get right down to it, fulfilling – life.

Comments

Popular Posts