Reverberations

You can't feel it.
You can't see it.
You just have to read about it.
Take my word for it.
There's a hum to my life, a vibration.
Like a loose lugnut on an old Buick.
Threatening to come off.

I try my best to ignore it.
(Work through it.)
Go about the day-to-day things everyone has to do.
But in the dark and the quiet of the night, these vibrations, these monumental tremors of life, threaten to shake me apart.

"How are you doing?"
I'm doing.
Ever so...
Delicately.

One more misstep, one more shit detail, one more dilemma - one more. Always one more.
I'd like to catch a break.
Stop the vibrations.
If just for a few days, a few weeks (a few months? Heaven).

Life doesn't work quite like that. It's a messy place where everyone vibrates and pulsates with a million different dilemmas to deal with.
My own don't confuse me. I think, I squint and let the problems resonate their frequency through me.
I'm holding on too tight.
Way too tight.

Comments

RachelRenae said…
delicately... yeah, I get that.

Popular Posts