Oy, my aching back

My new chiropractor says my problems started at birth.
(Figures.)
I have a ventricular problem. My balance is a bit off-kilter. It's a brain thing. Right brain stem, to be exact.
"With all the injuries you've suffered, those injuries are sending signals to your right brain stem, telling certain muscles to contract. It's not a tumor, don't think brain tumor. It's something correctable, I'll have you do some brain exercises."
(OK, my eyes are glazed over at this point; I just want her to crack my back.)
On my way out of the Marble Mountain Wilderness Area, I got a foot caught in the boulder field. My pack went one way, my back the other. Tweak.
Starting Saturday, I'm in Wyoming for a 66-mile trek through the Wind River Range. With a 40-pound pack on my back.
Brain exercises?
Just crack my vertebrae. Please.
No need to be gentle. Get in there and work it. Work them babies, let me hear the snack, crackle, pop.
She did.
After the brain exercises (which, I must say, kinda worked).
While it is not 100 percent, I feel better.
I feel like I can handle the Winds.
And that's the point.

Comments

RachelRenae said…
oy, I've missed reading your blog!! This is the first time I've had time to check in in a while and it looks like I've got some catching up to do!

I just got back from the Weminuche Wilderness area. Backpacking. Why do we do it? It's crazy!!
RachelRenae said…
Hey also read my comment on your how do I pray? post

Popular Posts