Buick. It's All Good


I see Buick Centurys.
It’s like seeing dead people, like the little kid in “The Sixth Sense.”
Buicks are everywhere.
At stop signs. At stop lights. I pass them on the highway and I watch as they pass my house.
Buick.
Centurys.
Of course, this is the vehicle driven by the person who ran over my dad. And, I guess, after finding out what kind of car it was, I’ve been more hyper-sensitive to their presence on the road.
It’s like buying a brand-new car; buy a certain model, and you’ll notice how many other models out there of your car.
But the other thing I’ve noticed about the Buick is the demographic of the drivers: Blue-hairs and raisins.
Old people.
Really old folks.
My dad was run over by an 85-year-old; that seems to be the average age of the drivers I’ve seen here in Northern California.
Coincidence, or a clever marketing ploy by Buick?
By the way, the title is an actual advertising slogan from Buick.

Comments

Popular Posts