Who'll stop the rain?

It won’t...stop raining...and I’m getting...very irritated.
No, it’s hasn’t been biblical-like rain, but it’s been close. There was a time last week where we were trapped in our neighborhood by flooded roads. The little nine-hole golf course near the house became a lake (we tried to get the boy to take the two-man raft out with my clubs for a photo-op, but he wouldn’t).
I took vacation last week, and it might have been the worst week of vacation I’ve ever spent in California.
I’m not an indoors kinda guy.
But there’s scant little you can do when the wind is blowing the five inches of rain our neighborhood got Dec. 30 in vertical torrents. No amount of rain gear, fleece and furry knickers can make a torrential downpour seem like a trip in the park.
All my outdoor-type friends were in the same boat (in fact, one took his boat out on the lake – and ended up getting rescued somewhat by a 911 call). A few of my fanatical friends (more fanatical than going to the lake for a paddle?) managed to get in a few mountain bike rides in-between raindrops, but I didn’t.
The rain certainly spoiled the debut of my daughter’s big Christmas present _ a Giant MTX mountain bike (complete with front shock _ lucky). She’s yet to ride it.
With the kids on vacation as well, we hunkered down, watched movies and did what we could to keep occupied. Home improvement projects; I actually cleaned out the garage one day, kept me from screaming.
Rain is depressing. Not seeing the sun for a week is depressing. I’m depressed. Ack.

Comments

Popular Posts