Not guilty? You've got to be kidding

Just once, I want to see a criminal head into court and proclaim his (or her) guilt.
A guy shot his wife to death here last week _ shot his son in the stomach, too _ and yesterday at his arraignment, he has the nuts to say it was “accidental.”
James Millner, 48, pleaded not guilty to the charges that he murdered his wife, Ila, 44, and attempted murder of his 16-year-old son Adam (who Millner plugged in the abdomen). Millner told the judge that he took exception to the prosecution charging papers that claim Millner acted with malice.
“There was no malice aforethought,” Millner told Superior Court judge Wilson Curlie. “It was an accident.”
Millner said the gun went off when it was grabbed from his hands.
Several times, apparently.
Millner fired the semi-automatic pistol seven times.
(Accident my ass).
Ila Millner died of several gunshot wounds (of course it was an accident, too, that the gun spun around and hit Adam in the stomach).
Adam was apparently shot “accidentally” when he tried to intervene in his parents’ dispute. Nothing comes between the love of two parents _ unless it’s a slug from a Glock 9mm pistol. Adam is in satisfactory condition at a local hospital.
Millner is in jail _ he actually had the balls to ask to be released on his own recognizance _ on a $1 million bond.
But he’s innocent, doncha know.
“It was an accident.”
“The gun just went off.”
“I dunno what the fuck happened.”
“I blacked out.”
“The sun was in my eyes.”
“There was an earthquake, a terrible flood, locusts! It wasn't my fault, I swear to God!"
Here’s one I’d like to here: “I’m guilty, your honor. She pissed me off. I shot her, like a bunch of times, the lousy bitch. Popped the boy, too, lousy little bastard.
“I’m ready to go to jail. Twenty-five to life? Sounds about right to me.”

Comments

Popular Posts