Things, unusual

"Hey, wanna come watch me put my leg on?"
It is a statement I didn't think I'd ever hear.
Dad just asked it.

"You've probably seen it before."

Actually, I'll have two weeks of witness him putting on his leg. We'll be sharing a hotel room for that long. He worries. A lot. I don't.

"I'm going to keep you up at night, I get up about four times a night."
(I brought earplugs.)
"I hope they don't stick us on the top floor."
(First sister got a ground-floor adaptive room.)
"We'll have fun."
(That's the spirit.)

It was trippy getting home. I walked in the door, and there's my dad's new leg on the living room floor, propped up on a wingback chair that faces the huge picture window.

"I put my pants on in front of the window," my dad said. "Give everybody thrill."

I don't want to see that, either.
He's in good spirits.
We're taking the Chrysler, and going to breakfast.

Comments

Popular Posts