The Fate of the Recently Unemployed

 After a dozen years, I am suddenly, and unexpectedly, let go of my job breaking in leather gloves for men with exceptionally large hands. 

As the debris began to clear (in my brain) from this untimely turn of events, I was left with not so much to do, so I tracked the numbers, read all I could from the internet and was finally able to corroborate the findings: We are descended from not one line, but several lines of ancestors so when each is examined, our fate is sealed to one of these divergent lineages.  

On a recent occasion, I pussyfoot into an exhibit at the Guggenheim; up and down a curving corridor, there are all these miniature sculptures made out of papier-mâché, and painted in such ungodly colors - and not a single figure looks remotely human.

I did, however, enjoy the rosé Champagne in those little plastic Champagne flutes, as well as the cubed cheese stabbed in the center with toothpicks, each a festive variety of colored cellophane.

Alas, I didn’t stay long; there were way too many police officers looking for someone who fit my general description.

Comments

Popular Posts