3WW CCLVIII "Prosthetics"

The words over at Three Word Wednesday are backward, ease and omission.
Hopefully, by the end of the day, I will have a high-speed Interweb connection. Until then, I give you a drabble. Just a slip of fiction, in 100 words.

Prosthetics
She counts backward from 100, as he instructs. There’s some rustling, but she resists the urge to open her scrunched-tight eyes.
Hands move across her nakedness, raising gooseflesh. Her nipples are erect. Her heart races, nostrils flair with ragged breath.
She’s altogether tense, giddy.
He reaches for her legs. Something eases up her thigh, which elicits a gasp.
“Stand.”
She does as she’s told.
“Open.”
She marvels at the leg, stomps a heel, testing its heft.
It looks exactly like the one she lost.
But that’s an omission on her part.
It looks exactly like the one he took. 

Comments

R.S. Bohn said…
Oooh, I thought knew where your cleverness was leading (and not just to the reveal of a prosthetic limb) -- but no, I should've known better. Subtle but vicious at the end. You should drabble more; I like it.
Shail said…
That's a brilliant play of words.
Altonian said…
Very cleverly done.
Old Egg said…
She knew it was coming and thus the eager almost sexual anticipation. Great piece of mini fiction.
Jeni Mc said…
you had me at gooseflesh.

even in a mere 100 words you can raise the bar.
Monica Manning said…
I liked all the lines. But I liked the last one best.
Tony Noland said…
Terrific ending!
Alice Audrey said…
You had me going, even with the title as a tip off.

Great use of three words. Here is my attempt.
JRD said…
Nicely done - I tip my hat to you, sir!
Vivekanand M said…
Well controlled narration. Nicely done.
Unknown said…
Tight and right, this one!
Sheilagh Lee said…
This was well done .Very descriptive turn of phrases as well.

Popular Posts