Coffee headache

“Welcome to Starbucks! How can I annoy you?”
OK, they two gals at Starbucks didn’t really say that. But they did manage to annoy me.
Yeah, sure, I went to Starbucks. So sue me. My wife got a $15 gift card, which she passed onto me, the confessed coffee snob (she’s on this health kick and has abandoned drinking coffee with flavored creamer. Whatever.)
I have a Starbucks travel mug. It’s black. It’s OK, too, except that is says STARBUCKS on it.
See, I’d rather frequent the mom-and-pop coffee places; the one place where they always ask if I want the “regular” (a 20-ounce Americano, no room for cream) and always call me by my first name.
But $15 worth of free coffee is too good to pass up.
So I’m in Starbucks with my Starbucks mug at 6:30 a.m. and the girl says, “Hi, welcome to Starbucks! What drink can I get started for you this morning!?!”
“Americano, no room for cream,” I said as I put the mug on the counter.
“Would you like that in your cup?” she asked.
“Why, yes,” I said.
The girl rang me up, as the barista came over and asked, “You want that Amerericano in your mug?”
“Christ, yes, I’d like it in my fucking cup, thank you very much,” is the thought that runs through my head. "Better than drinking it out of my cupped fucking hands."
“That would be great, thanks,” I said.
There’s $10 left on the card. Maybe free coffee isn’t worth the now bad attitude I have.

Comments

Popular Posts